It’s no secret that there are cute hairstyles and then there are gorgeous hairstyles — they’re not one and the same. You might ask, what exactly differentiates the two? Well, a gorgeous hairstyle has a special little something that stands out and takes your look to the next level of fierceness. This braided low bun is the perfect example of a hairstyle in a league of its own.
Stop what you’re doing and give yourself a moment to take in the intricate detail of these braids, created by Stasha Harris of Magic Fingers Studio. If you’ve been looking for the next cool thing to do to your hair, you found it, girl.
1. Section off five equally spaced parts in your hair. Using a skinny rattail comb, separate your hair into six sections to create six medium-size straight-back braids later on.
2. Braid one medium-size cornrow. Using Ampro’s Shine ‘N Jam Conditioning Gel and Shake-N-Go’s Freetress Equal Hair Extensions, in the first section of hair, braid one medium-size cornrow down to the middle of your back. Start by braiding your natural hair and weave in extensions as you go to make sure your braids are long enough to create a coiled bun.
3. Repeat this step across your entire head. Create a total of six medium-size straight-back long braids.
4. Add gold string. Using a crochet needle, weave in gold string through two of your braids in an “X” motion. Repeat this step to create a total of three sets of gold string. Wrap the string in a circular motion down to the ends of your braids for extra glam.
5. Create a bun. Wrap your braids around in a circular motion to create a tightly coiled low bun. Use a needle and thread to secure your bun for a tighter hold.
Your finished look will be flawless.